College Collage

Cut and Paste Education ™

Rose-Colored Glasses

Why is it that i am expected to be a mind reader? Why am i responsible for the imagination of others? Why should someone else's perceived reality be my fault? It is because i say what i mean and i mean what i say. There is no hidden message so you can put away your decoder ring. If i tell you that it is sunny i am not complaining about my lack of sunglasses. If i express discomfort i am not requesting comfort. I'm inefficient that way. I'd rather use two sentences. I would rather say, "It sure it sunny. I wish i had my sunglasses." than leave you wondering about my ulterior meaning. Am i too naive? Am i somehow stupid to think that anyone could understand that i am not as efficient as they are and that i do not desire to be more efficient? My goal in my method of speech is to say what i mean and mean what i say. It is to remove all need for assumptions. It is to remove ambiguity. My motivation in this line of thought is a simple idea/theory. I believe that all of mankind's problems are ones of communication. Further, all problems of communication are the fault of lies. I believe that if everyone were to simply speak the truth then all problems of communication would be solved and therefore all problems in general would be solved. I suppose that i've just stumbled on the caveat. If only one person follows this guideline, none benefit. If i say, "It is sunny." The other person is now offended at being asked to remedy the situation. I have caused an additional problem. If i were to say, "It is sunny and i do not want my sunglasses." The person is now offended because i "had" to specify that i didn't want my sunglasses. If i changed it to, "..." Then i am being cold and unfriendly. I require the liar's way: "I left my sunglasses at home." The allows the other person to assume that i think that it is sunny and they realize that they can not be expected to provide me with my sunglasses. Damn complication. Damn assumption. Damn the sun and sunglasses. This world will not let me speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It makes me not want to speak at all.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment