College Collage

Cut and Paste Education ™

who am i?

Besides being a great Jackie Chan movie, "who am i?" is now a question that i can answer by referring to my wallet.  That's right.  I got my license back.  I paid the County of Champaign $120 to enroll in a trafic safety program and erase my ticket from my record.

Money sucks.  I don't ever have enough of it and you can suddenly owe more money than you have.  I need $$ for my car.  I need $$ for my house.  I need $$ for groceries.  I just spent $120 today.  Thursday another $106.33 will be paid for my car payment.  I have friday off, so that's less $$ next week.  Mom's B-day is coming up.  Joshua's wedding is this weekend.  *sigh*  As a math major, it's my tendency to add all of this debt up and subtract that from how much i'll make in the next few weeks.  I'm not going to do that because i don't need to be any more depressed than i already am.

I need milk ... I think that i have $3 in change.  Shnuck's here i come!!

I was just reminded that html collapeses extra white space.  This means that when i put 2 spaces at the end of my senteces, html makes it into just 1 space.  So, i've used non-breaking spaces in this post.  I know that doing so will make everything look odd as compared to my previous posts.  I also know that if a sentence is at the edge of the window that the   will still show up.  I want the double space to collapse in that situation.  I don't want it to collapse inside the window.
5 spaces --> <--
5 non-breaking spaces -->     <--
5 em spaces -->     <--
5 "sliver" spaces -->     <--

highlight them if you don't believe me. :)

now that i've thought about it for 30 seconds...i think that i can make an AutoHotKey script that will make all of my double spaces into em spaces.  you see, an em space is supposed to be a double space.

2 spaces|  |
em space| |


This is a sentence that has an em space at the end. I wonder if these senteces break correctly? If they do, i would just use an em space in all of my online writting. If it doesn't, i'll have to come up with some other solution. It seems as though it's grouping the last word of the sentence and the em space and the first word of the next sentence. This is not what i wanted. *sigh* nothing seems to work for me.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

at 10:48 | Blogger Rachel said,

i love you    



» Post a Comment