College Collage

Cut and Paste Education ™

Some people!

arbitrary :
based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity or the intrinsic nature of something [an arbitrary standard] [take any arbitrary positive number] [arbitrary division of historical studies into watertight compartments -- A. J. Toynbee]


arbitrary :
existing or coming about seemingly at random or by chance or as a capricious and unreasonable act of will [when a task is not seen in a meaningful context it is experienced as being arbitrary -- Nehemiah Jordan]


arbitrary :
Stephen Murphy
--------------

I feel as though there are lots of things that I do that are arbitrary. At least, I'd like to think that they have everything to do with my whims and nothing to do with my personal insecurities. But, this may not be the case at all.

Lately I've met people who seem to pick apart my actions and ask tough questions as to my reasoning for said actions. I would like to tell them that it was an arbitrary decision, but I know that this is not the truth. This forces me to confront the insecurity head on and acknowledges that the action was simply a sidestep from dealing with my personal issues.

Immediately these kinds of people make me embarrassed and I blush a lot. Yes, I blush. I'm not ashamed to blush, but I'm ashamed that these people that barely know me can exactly pick out my insecurities. At the same time I realize that experiences such as these are very beneficial for ultimate positive modification of my behavior.

I suppose that I need to find ways to be friends with these people so that they can analyze more of my actions.

hmm...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment