College Collage

Cut and Paste Education ™

Slow day

There's not a lot going on today. I slept through my 8am physics lecture, as expected. It turns out that i've already missed a physics assignment. I think that it's worth .5% of my grade. :) oh well. I had 212 lab today and that went well. I also had 125 lab, which was pointless. I've got bundles of homework to do for my math classes, so I'll not post tomorrow in all likelyhood.

I have an idea to secure my dad's computer. By secure i mean make more secure. The problem is that there is always some sort of virus (or 3) that he has inadvertently downloaded. The solution is to put a fresh copy of winxp on his comp and then immediately use Norton Ghost to make a drive image. Any time there is a problem, or once a week, whichever comes first, a fresh drive image can be put on the computer and therefore eliminate all problems. Gradually this drive image will be updated with user preferences, settings, favorite programs and so on and so forth. This creates a completely sterile environment for computing. There is a problem with data storage. Data change between one week/crash and another. My solution is the jumpdrive. Everyone that uses the computer will be responsible for storing all personal data on their own jumpdrive. To address basic security issues, Mozilla Firefox will be the default browser and MSIE will be disabled as much as possible. This will not be free. I will need a copy of Norton Ghost ($59-$79) and jumpdrives ($30 and up). *sigh* I will also need time. Just to put a new version of winxp will suck hours from my life. I think that this weekend or the next will be ideal for this. We'll see, i suppose. Operation: Slimline Security initiated!

[singing]...The Simpsons....[/singing]
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment